Stay U-nique, police report & the tourist tax.
When managing a tourist apartment we tend to give more importance to aspects such as profitability, arrivals, the decoration of the apartment … And it’s normal!
Since without taking into account these aspects, the opinions of the guests would plummet and the benefit would be much lower.
But the police report and the tourist tax are even more important because if they are not dealt with correctly, you could lose your touristic license.
The Police Report and the Tourist Tax:
- Are totally mandatory
- Still aren’t dealt with properly by some property management companies
- Should be part of the process of each and every reservation
- Are automatically and efficiently processed for each guests we host at Stay U-nique
We guarantee that your licence is safe
The Tourist tax
The payment of the tourist tax has been mandatory since 2012, when Catalonia implemented a new tax for all those who stay in any tourist accommodation in the region, and tourist apartments are not excluded from this rate.
The price depends on the category of each establishment and can vary between € 0.65 and € 4.40 per night (only a maximum of 7 nights is paid). This price is per person, per night and for people over 16 years old.
- Guests are informed in advance of the existence of this tax. It is clearly stated in the listing and then they receive a reminder right after they have booked.
- The guests receive a secure payment link to pay the tax before their arrival, but they also have the possibility to pay it during the check-in if they feel more comfortable paying in person.
- We transfer the collected tax money to the Government of Catalonia every 6 months between the 1st and 20th of October and April.
The police report
Since the law on tourism (Article 66 – 72) came into force in Spain, all owners who rent their apartment must register the name of each guest in the police register within 24 hours after their arrival.
When guests arrive they want to rest, and may not feel like filling out forms. That is why we take care of the following:
- We ask for the guest’s passport details in advance so that there is no need to deal with it during the check-in.
- All our guests’ information is registered in our reservation system
- The system automatically sends the list of new guests to the police the day following the check-in without any type of error!
Are you sure you licence is safe?
Do you have these two processes in mind when managing your apartment?
Are you sure that your management company does it correctly?
Find answers to those question if you want to be sure that you are not endangering your tourist license.
If you are looking for a Management Company that will give you peace of mind when dealing with such crucial requirements, do not hesitate to contact us.