If you have a holiday rental, you should try to offer a service which is above what your guests expect. This could be basic facilities or apartment items such as Wifi or a hairdryer. What can you add to your property to enhance it? If you are not sure, then, this article is for you. We will outline what you should have in your holiday rental to make it perfect. Read them all, apply them to your property and you will be on the road to providing the best service ever.
How to make your holiday rental in Barcelona better than 99% of the competition
1. General equipment
It is necessary to have items that will help to make the guests feel as if they were home. Whether it is games and books for the rainy days or a good AC for the summer heat these details will make a huge difference in your guests’ stay.
- Books: you can also provide reading material in a variety of languages.
- Board games: you can also read our article to attract families.
- Fast Wi-Fi
- Umbrella: they will thank you if it rains
- Welcome basket: add water, a personalised welcome note, food…
- Security system
- Air conditioner in every room: it is crucial if you live in a hot city like Barcelona
- Green plants
2. Kitchen equipment
The kitchen is the heart of any property. This room allows guests to indulge in home-cooked food while saving their money at the same time.
For that, you can provide them with the following items to allow them to do so:
- Different glasses: for water, wine, champagne etc.
- Salt, pepper, spices, oil, vinegar…
- Some food for the first night
- Wine bottle
- Bottle opener
- Knife sharpener
- Kitchen utensils
3. Bedroom equipment
After a long and busy day visiting your city and its surroundings, your guests will yearn for a good nights sleep. They must have a cosy and pleasant bedroom to rest well. By ensuring that the following items are in a bedroom, you will offer your guests a remarkable sense of comfort and homeliness:
- A high-end ergonomic bed: after a long day, it’s very appreciated
- High-quality bed linen plus an extra set if necessary
- Hangers for wardrobes
- Two sets of pillows per person: one soft and one harder to be sure to satisfy the guests’ needs.
4. Living room equipment
Your living room is the place where guest will spend most of their time in the apartment and where they will wind down after a long day. They will appreciate it if you have all the necessary features that make the guests feel at home.
Also, you can add some decoration to improve their comfort (see our article on this subject here) and make them feel good. You can see our list to improve your living room:
- Sofa bed
- Desk with a chair: you can target business people with this equipment
- Smart and HD TV: add them to different rooms like the living room, bedroom and kitchen
- A comfortable sofa
- Online subscriptions to video services e.g. Netflix.
5. Bathroom equipment
To finish with, you must provide your guests with basic bathroom equipment such as shampoo and towels but you can go even further by providing a hairdryer or hair straightener. It’s also appreciated to have some ’emergency essentials’ like a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Drying rack
- Emergency toothbrush
- Shower gel, shampoo and conditioner
Providing all these to your guests will, in turn, help to increase the quality of your reviews and comments. Above the immediate satisfaction of making your guests happy, it will also allow you to implement higher prices for your holiday rental and ensure long term growth.
Download this Essential Inventory Checklist to make sure you fully equip your apartment to make sure that you are better than your competition.
Do you have all of the above in your holiday rental? Do you think we missed anything important? Don’t hesitate to tell us in the comments.