Superhost is a label for experienced owners on Airbnb. This position shows your guests that you are a perfect host and helps them trust you. Superhosts earn in average 22% more than other hosts on Airbnb. If you are one of the 400 000 superhosts worldwide, it will be easier to find guests. In this article, we will explain to you all what you need to know about Superhost on Airbnb.
How to become an Airbnb Superhost in only 6 easy steps
To become Superhost, you are evaluated over 365 days and have to match the following criteria.
- Have received at least 10 guests
- Your comment rate is more than 50%
- Your reply rate is more than 90% of your reviews in less than 24 hours
- You do not have any cancellations unless it is when you accept one (unforeseen circumstances)
- At least 80% of your reviews are at 5 stars
- Due to new criteria since July 2018, you have to keep your average rate at least at 4.8 out of 5
If you have met all these requirements for a year, you will become a Superhost after verification by Airbnb’s services.
How to stay a Superhost
To remain a Superhost, you must respect all the requirements stated above. As on the first day of these months: January, April, July and October, Airbnb will automatically check every account and decide if you can become a Superhost, stay a Superhost or downgrade to a normal account again. You can check where you are in their Superhost program here.
What advantages does a Superhost have
Being a Superhost allows you to have some advantages on Airbnb. You will have discounts, SEO optimization, a badge, etc. See the list below for all advantages:
- Badge: you have a new badge on your profile to show to the other Airbnb members that you are Superhost
- SEO: Your advertisement is more visible and your listing is better referenced when someone completes a search on the website or the app. Also, there is a filter in the searching system to see Superhosts only.
- Referral system: If you sponsor a friend, you will have 20% more money than other people.
- Superhost bonus: You can choose between $100 (USD) and a free photoshoot of your property each year you are Superhost.
- Priority help: When you need help from Airbnb, you will receive help in priority by phone and Twitter.
- New features: You can try new features before other users on Airbnb.
- Tax services: You can have a discount and help from Airbnb’s tax partners.
- Nest promotion: Nest is a brand who sell a lot of objects to improve your property and make them more connected. You will have access to discounts on their product by 30%.
Moreover, Airbnb is in the process of finalizing other advantages for Superhosts. They will add an option to personalize the URL of your profile and your listing. Moreover, you will be able to add promotions for some activities. Superhosts can also book Airbnb experiences (concerts, restaurants…) with discount prices. And have access to new webinars to improve their services and revenue management knowledge.