Learn more about a position - Office Management
Office Management internship
Office Management internship
As an Office Management intern at Stay U-nique, you will gain experience in managing a small business within the tourism industry by offering support to various departments.
During your internship in Stay U-nique, the core tasks you will be working with everyday includes but are not limited to:
Sales & Reservations
- Answer phone calls and e-mails from customers
- Having contact with the guests through WhatsApp
- Process incoming bookings and cancellations
- Contact different booking channels (Booking.com, Airbnb, Expedia etc.) and manage reservations
- Inform about services/ facilities, availability and prices
- Always make sure we have arrival information from our guests, by contacting them via phone/ email
- Ensure all data is correctly introduced in our CRM and there is no missing information
- Fix mistakes on bookings
- Presale to guests after their booking
- Ensure the payments are always made for the upcoming week
- Solve guests’ requests and complaints
- Check-ins and check-outs
- Preparing monthly numbers for the owners
- Support the HR department with handling contracts and other documents regarding staff.
- Being part of the training process of the new interns.
To fulfil this job in the best way possible some characteristics are needed.
- Patience, not all guests can speak English and this makes it sometimes difficult to understand them. It is important to not lose your patience even when they don’t understand you after explaining many times.
- Flexibility, a day in the company never goes as planned. In order to adjust yourself to these changes a certain level of flexibility is needed. Besides that, you are working 5 days a week, but these days vary per week and it might happen, from time to time, that you are doing check ins and check outs because of a last-minute change.
- Communication skills, since you will be the one speaking to all the guests before arrival you are the one passing all the information on to the check in agents. Good communication skills are needed to make sure everything runs smoothly.
- Customer service oriented, within the company it is all about creating a unique experience for the guest. This means that we always try to offer the best solution possible which makes the guests happy. Of course, you don’t need to have all of this already but having a passion for caring makes it easier to do the job.
- Finally, you should have a good sense of humour and be willing to meet some amazing people from all around the world. If you have this, you will have the best time ever!
The terms and conditions:
Work weeks are 40 hours spread over 5 days, under normal circumstances. This might be changed under special occasions, but then you will recover the time later. The average will always be 5 days and 40 hours a week.
- You work all 7 days a week, which days you have off will vary every week and they will not necessarily be two days in a row. Working hours will normally be from 10-18 but will also change every now and then.
- You will earn 2 holidays per month you work with us.
- Mobile data allowance.
- Salary is 150€ for the first 4 months, then increasing by 50€ per month till it reaches 450€ after the 10th month).